Spring is almost here, and after a long and unpredictable winter, I couldn't be happier. Spring is one of my very favorite seasons! I am so excited for all of the lovely things that spring brings, so here are my...
Top 10 Favorite Things About Spring:
1. Warmer Weather and Fresh Air- I love opening my windows and getting nice fresh air in my house after a long winter. I also love taking my girls on wagon and bike rides in our neighborhood.
2. Spring Break- after working so hard since the start of the calendar year, it's nice to get a week off to spend time with my family and friends.
3. Longer Days- For me, more sunshine = more energy, and I need energy to keep up with my 2 energetic kiddos at home, and the 22 energetic kiddos I have at school!
4. My Flower Garden- Bright colorful flowers blooming in my backyard is something I look forward to all winter long. I love to decorate my whole house in fresh flowers, and I also love making bouquets with my girls to give to the special people in our lives.
5. Planting Yummy Food- I'm still trying to find the perfect spot in my yard for tomatoes and green peppers. Not only do I love eating them, but I also love giving them to my family throughout the summer.
6. The Farmer's Market- One of my many blessings is living within walking distance to one of the biggest Farmer's Markets in our area. In spring, my family gets up extra early on Saturdays so we don't miss out on what the local farmers have to offer!
7. My Front Porch- There's just something extra relaxing about sitting on a front porch and enjoying the beauty of nature in the spring. Even when you live in the city!
8. Spring Cleaning- Yes, I enjoy this! There's just something so nice about getting things cleaned out and reorganized inside the home. It's a very uplifting feeling for me.
9. Going to the Park: Any of Them- We are so very fortunate to live where there are lots of parks with amazing playgrounds, hiking trails, tennis courts, open fields for flying kites, and so much more!
10. The Kentucky Derby of Course!- It's one of the few times of the year when the whole country is focused on the beauty of our great state, and we get a whole week of events to celebrate!
But wait, there's more...
I have a few runner-ups that I just can't bare to leave out: the smell of a fresh spring rainfall, going to the zoo with my girls, and putting those big chunky sweaters and boots away for a while- I get kinda tired of them by February!
For this blog, try to stretch your thinking to come up with a top ten list of your own. If not, just make yours a top three list, or a top five list. It really doesn't matter as long as you share your opinions for all of us to read. I'm so excited to read and learn about all of the things you love about SPRING!